School of Science and Engineering
- Course Duration: 4 Years
- Category: SCHOOL OF SCIENCE, ENGINEERING & TECHNOLOGY
- Students: 0
- Certificate: Yes
- Location: OOUC Abeokuta
- Language: English Language
- Lesson: 0
- Viewers: 2072
- Prerequisites: Yes
- Skill Level:
- Course Capacity: 500
- Start Course:
The faculty of Science and Engineering focuses on the school’s motto of training scientific and technology personnel of all categories to acquire basic and current knowledge for proper and trending scientific, engineering and technological needs locally, nationally, and globally; to apply such knowledge diligently and effectively at all times while constructively building and making society better.
THE MANAGEMENT OF THE SCHOOL created the School of Science and Engineering:
- To produce competent scientist and engineers in consonance with global trends and in response to national needs. Graduates from their program should be able to;
- Work in any community worldwide.
- Pursue further studies anywhere.
- Conduct research work nationally and internationally
- Engage themselves in self-employment
(B.Sc) Computer Engineering Department
(B.Sc) Computer Science Department
(B.Sc) Estate Management
Duration: Four years
Objectives of the Program
To train globally competent social managers equipped with knowledge of appropriate application of modern sciences related to the discipline in the daily performances of their tasks as members of a global community.
At the end of the four year programme, the graduate should;
- Be capable of engaging in scientific, engineering, and technological practice in any community,
- Be capable of using critical thinking skill as a basic for making judgments in a variety of setting/practice circumstances,
- Exhibit professional ethics and inter-disciplinary accountability in scientific and technological matters,
- Be capable of exhibiting leadership and scientific competencies and also co-ordinate delivery of quality, social reforms in infrastructure and technology; and,
- Be capable of pursuing post graduate studies if desired.
Graduates can work in self development, national and international, government and non- governmental organizations and multinational industries, teaching, post graduates studies or research.
Any candidate seeking admission into any course in the School of School of Science and Engineering must obtain a minimum of five (5) credit passes at the S.S.C.E/G.C.E/N.E.C.O ‘O’ level in Chemistry, Physics, Biology and compulsory credit passes in English Language and Mathematics in not more than two sittings before the award of the Bachelor of Science (B.Sc) certificate.
Any candidate seeking admission through Direct Entry into any programme of the School of Science and Engineering must obtain a minimum of five (5) credit passes at the S.S.C.E/G.C.E/N.E.C.O ‘O’ Level in Chemistry, Physics, Biology and compulsory credit passes in English Language and Mathematics, with a diploma certificate from any University, or Ordinary National Diploma certificate from any recognized Polytechnic, or National Certificate of Education from any recognized College of Education or any other similar qualifications.
Note: Admission is carried out at the beginning of each session. OLABISI ONABANJO UNIVERSITY CONSULT, ABEOKUTA STUDY CENTRE offers years round courses in TWO semester namely, Harmattan and Rain.